Can I call and make a reservation?
- Great news!! you no longer need to call to book your jump!! You can head over to our BOOK HERE page and book your jump online!! If you have questions you can email us through our Contact Us page!!
Why do I need to make a Tandem before my Static-Line?
- The Tandem is a great introduction into the sport! It helps get a general understanding of the feel and function so heading out of the plane alone is less intimidating!
How Many Static-Line Jumps do I need to make prior to Freefall?
- Short answer is 5! We typically do 2 Static-Lines to perfect the body position for exit then go for 3 more where you will use a practice ripcord to learn to pull your own parachute!! If you do great you may get it in 4 jumps, but it could take longer if the form needs some work!
Is there a weight limit?
- It is true that the skydiving equipment has a maximum load capacity. Our weight limit is 230 pounds. If you have questions regarding this one please do not hesitate to contact us via email.
Can my friend and I jump at the same time?
- We can definitely try and make this one happen for you!! Some restrictions that will make this difficult will be whether or not a video is desired or the number of instructors we have on site on a given day. Email us to confirm!!
What do I wear for my jump?
- Comfortable clothing!! We recommend athletic shoes and whatever you are comfortable wearing. We will be giving you a jumpsuit over your clothing to keep you warm!!
Can I bring my own camera or Go Pro?
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to bring it with you during your skydive. Your friends will be able to get an awesome landing shot if you bring a camera, but you are required by the USPA to have 200 jumps to take it with you on the jump. If you would like some great video let your instructor know and we can send up one of our experienced videographers to get you a great video!!
Why Choose Skydive Vermont, operated by The Malone Parachute Club?
- We jump in one of the most beautiful locations with Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains, and the skyline of Montreal in the background. Add that to the extremely skilled and dedicated staff you get a win-win all the way around!!
What about the Weather?
- We get this one a lot! It is true, our ability to jump is based on having good weather. Clouds and winds can prevent us from getting you up for your jump.
Should I play the Weather?
- Forecasts are often inaccurate, and in the summer weather can change rather quickly. We are located close to the lake, so there are a lot of days we have beautiful weather over the drop zone and you can see inclement weather from the sky. We say, plan the day for your jump and come on out!!
How Can I Pay?
- Well, we love cash :) but we also take personal checks and credit cards. Mastercard and Visa are the cards we accept!!
Can I buy a Gift Certificate?
- Does a skydiver love freefall? Of course you can, contact us and let us know what you need and we will support!!
When do I Show Up for my Tandem, Course, or Retrain?
- The Static-Line course starts on Saturday or Sunday promptly at 9:30. Come on out and learn to parachute!!
- The Retrain starts any time prior to 10am, feel free to contact us to let us know your availability!!
- For your Tandem show up 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time!!
What should I expect following my arrival to the Dropzone?
- First, we will have some paperwork to fill out for your registration. (this may take about 15 minutes)
- Second, we will have the class where we will introduce you to all the gear that will be necessary to make your jump. (this may take about 25 minutes)
- Third, we will get you suited up and go through practice exits. (this may take 15-20 minutes)
- Forth, we will get the first group in the sky for their tandem jump. (airplane ride is about 25 minutes to altitude)
- Last, but not least, we will exit the aircraft and enjoy some free fall time, followed by the ever fun parachute ride. (this will take about 5-7 minutes)
- Depending on the number of groups we have at each time slot, and any video requests, we could be flying one tandem at a time.